Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014

G’day, folks!

It’s been a fun week. We have met a lot of Chiguayantinos, or sea people that are from Chiguayante. They are mostly chill folk, quite a few Evangelicals and more testigos than one would hope for but, when it comes down to it, they love their families and want the best for them, even if they don’t accept our (and The Lord´s) help in that.

We have been going crazy with opening our mouths and talking with everyone. It’s been fun, interesting, embarrassing at times, awkward (which is really fun), frustrating, and spiritual. We are the Lord´s voice, His hands, wherever we are, and we have the responsibility to help our brothers and sisters understand what He has done for us, the price He paid for us, and what that means for us and our families. Granted, not everyone wants to listen but I”ve learned that I can walk a lot faster than any Chilean, to keep up when they try to get away. And in every twenty or so people, there is someone that is a little interested and wants to hear more, which makes it all worth it.

This week, we have a conference with Elder Zeballos; it is going to be great, I am sure. It will probably be my last general authority visit in my mission, so I am really hoping for it to be something special to help me internalize everything that I have been learning, be more Christ-like, and just be my best for the rest of my life.

This last time has been full of challenges, sadness (I found out last week that one of my converts is pregnant out of wedlock, and that the others aren’t going to church), and trials. At some points, you just have to ask yourself what it’s all for, what I’ve been doing out here, if in the end no one remembers or is changed. I still think they were changed and remember, even if they try to forget, but I do know for sure that I have been changed. Maybe all this missionary service isn’t exactly what I was expecting or wanted, but I think it’s what I needed, and I am extremely grateful that the Lord loves me enough to give me these learning opportunities and really internalize my testimony of the Atonement. That’s what it’s all about, in the end. 

We are having fun, trying to be healthy, keep the house clean (I clean, at least) and help everyone! I hope everyone else out there is doing the same, and I am so proud of all of you! Thanks for your examples and prayers always.

Elder Brown 


During a Friday night meeting at the church, they were pretty sure the place was haunted. Here they are, looking for ghosts.

Zach loves Peruvian food!

No comments:

Post a Comment