Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December 2, 2013



December 2, 2013

Hey, Everyone!

It’s been a good week! We have had some great baptisms in the zone, and it has been neat to see the changes in the ward! In testimony meeting yesterday, some of the members got up and said some really nice things about us as missionaries, that we had helped them--it is always great to hear that, since the nature of being a missionary is that we don’t always see the real fruits of our labors right there. 

I have been thinking a lot about just how simple the gospel really is. It really is just love God with all your heart, might, mind and strength; and love your fellow man. It really includes everything else in there, all the other commandments and things we do, the ordinances and covenants just really fall into place with that one biggie. I was reading a part in the Bible about the Athenians that would listen to the apostles but, as soon as they realized there was nothing new, they lost interest and rejected them. It happens a lot; but the crazy thing about the gospel is that it’s just that simple, and that’s what makes it so amazing. It’s just about how deeply we apply those simple concepts that we begin to see truly intricate and complex blessings in every way.

These are the questions that always help me be a more devoted disciple of Christ:
How much faith do I really have?
How repentant am I really?
How focused am I on the ordinances, and how much respect do I have for them?
And how devoted am I to keeping my covenants?

Right there sums up the gospel, I think. Applying those is what brings the Spirit and changes everything, makes it all run nicely and brings the blessings. 

Looking forward to a great week, having a great time here in Tome! Say hi to everyone!
Love,
Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment