Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 27, 2013



Hey, Folks!

It has been a SUPER busy and crazy week. Monday Elder Saenz left, and on Tuesday I picked up Elder Durrant. He is a great guy, went to Cottonwood, turns nineteen in like two weeks. So he is a young’n but a good’n. It is super cold here and wet here now and windy. Our tin roof is always banging around and it is crazy. We hear that it should be like this for the next two months. Sure will separate the men from the boys.
  
I have been learning a ton. Lots of patience, and lots of love. I feel like I have been just living in a dream this past week, just stressed and thinking about the next thing and what we are supposed to be doing and how we could be more effective as well as how to be a better example. But I am sure that it will get a lot easier here soon, especially once Elder Durrant starts understanding a little more. He is great! Good elder from Salt Lake, went to Cottonwood. I am very excited to be with him; we are very excited for the success we are going to see with him!

I have been just thinking a lot about the best example I can be, and I think more than anything it is just the love we exude. People can really feel it, and it can’t be felt when we are stressed and rushed and focused on numbers all the time. It really has to be something genuine. Definitely something for us all to work on. But just another example that it’s really the little details that really make big changes.

Have a great week! I love you all!
Zach


His new companion and first trainee, Elder Durrant

So long, Elder Saenz!

Romina's baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment